Alaska: Grizzly Bears
Scenic Lake Clark National Park
July 6-11, 2016
* Limited Seating
* 6 Participants Only (SOLD OUT)
* Register Early - Past 8 years sold out
Great bear viewing and photography opportunity – one day trip to
photograph puffins and pelagic birds - comfortable lodging
in remote Lake Clark National Park – home cook meals -
small group – guided photoshoots and nightly photo reviews –
tips (both in the field and during reviews) to get your
photography to the next level: This sums up this incredible
Lake Clark National Park is the premier destination for coastal brown bear photography. Nested in the scenic backdrop of the Cook Inlet’s “ring of fire” (Mt Iliamna, Mt. Redoubt, Augustine Volcano), you’ll see bears roaming in meadows and near streams, grazing on roots, catching salmon, nurturing their cubs, play fighting, and going about their business of survival.
July is optimal to photograph sows and cubs. Bears are coming to the meadows to feed on roots and to the shoreline of Cook Inlet to dig for clams. We’ll try to capture intimate moments between sows and cubs, cubs playing, and the fight between sows and male bear intruders. Long days make for some wonderful photo opportunities. There is a one day trip (weather permitting) to photograph horned and tuffed puffins in flight and perched on a scenic rockery island.
Get ready for an amazing experience, where you’ll fill memory cards after memory cards of memorable wildlife activities.
Trips have been sold out for the past seven years so don’t delay your registration.
Looking forward to hosting you in Alaska in July, 2016.
Oliver Klink has been photographing Grizzly bears for the past 11 years, at Silver Salmon Creek, in Canada, and other places in the USA. His image “Holding Hands” has been published by National Geographic, Days of Japan, and many other publications. Oliver wrote a book, Artan’s Day, which is an inspiration for kids to grow up thru the story of a little grizzly bear. “Even after 11 years, photographing bears is an adrenaline rush, especially when you think “bigger” than just the animal”.
- Photographing grizzly bears in their natural habitat
- Photographing puffins nesting and in flight
- Daily review of images (emphasis on “what else can you do”)
- Brainstorming sessions (theme, story telling, portfolio)
- Post processing and workflow (efficiency, accuracy, quality)
- 6 days of guided photoshoot
- Round trip flight to and from the lodge via Anchorage, AK
- Accommodation, Meals
- Boat charter to Puffin Island (weather permitting)
- Not Included :
- Travel Insurance
- Transportation to and from Anchorage
- Personal expenses, alcoholic beverages
- Extra night(s) in Anchorage
$5,695 (Non refundable deposit: $1,000)
Very limited single occupancy available
Full payment due by March 15, 2016
(Payable by check)
Terms and Conditions
- Moderate walking carrying all your equipment
- Will mostly travel on ATVs to photoshoot locations
- Weather can be challenging. Be prepared for moody sky
None available for this trip
Workshop details for Alaska: Grizzly Bears (click on a tab)