1 Day: Bird Photography
Half Moon Bay, California
(7AM – 12 noon)
The San Francisco Bay Area earns a superb reputation for bird photography. Many species of waders, waterfowl, shorebirds, raptors, owls, song birds and many more are either migrating through our region or have established permanent residence.
The bird photography workshop is about finding the right location for birds, learning techniques that will enable you to get sharp pictures, and improving your skills through practice and candid critiques.
You will photograph with camera on tripod, monopod or handheld with field assistance from the instructor. Remember that the instructor is here to assist and answer your questions. Don’t be shy!
Upon signing up for the workshop, you will receive a coursebook that details the photoshoot locations and tips on bird photography.
What you'll learn:
• How to plan for wildlife photography
• Tips learned and applied over the years to capture sharp images
• Exposure for common and tricky situations
• Critical exercises to lock, track, and capture your subject
• Elements to make your bird photography stand out
• How to evaluate your images and select them (speed, accuracy, and quality)
• How to immerse yourself in bird photography (not to be missed!)
We are looking forward to meeting you at the bird photography workshop in January.
Don't delay your registration, as there is very few sessions scheduled this year.
Fee : $180 (Sold Out)
January 14 (7AM – 12noon)
Oliver Klink’s wildlife images have been published in National Geographic, Days of Japans, European wildlife, and many more. His hummingbird portfolio was exhibited at ModernBook gallery. One of his eagle images (Eagle Landing) has received many praises and received honorable mentioned in photo contests. “Bird photography will turn into an insatiable passion, when you acquire the skills to detect them and photograph them with great success. The more you do it , the more you become creative to turn a documentary image into fine art.”
- Detecting and attracting birds
- Mastering exposure, speed, ISO
- Basic and advanced skills to lock, track, and capture moving birds
- Turning your documentary images into fine art
- Review of images (emphasis on “what else can I do”)
- 1/2 days of guided photoshoot
- Post workshop feedback on your images
- Instruction booklet emailed before the workshop
- Transportation to the workshop location (carpooling encouraged)
- Meals, accommodation
Registration : $180
January 14 (7AM – 12noon)
Terms and Conditions
- Plan on walking about a mile on uneven surface
- We are going to be photographing next to the ocean, where it can be windy and wet
- Not much else … Have a great time!
- 1 Day Landscape photography January 14: 1PM – 6PM
- 1 Day Travel Photography January 15: 9AM – 3PM
- 1 Day Workflow January 21: 9AM - 4PM
- 1 Day Printing January 22: 9AM – 4PM
Where: Half Moon Bay, California
When: January 14, 2017
Who: Oliver Klink
Airport: San Francisco (SFO)
Accommodations: not included
Weather: 50 – 80F. Possibly foggy morning and Moody Sky
Workshop details for Bird photography