Advanced Stylizing Images
Online and In Person
January 22 - April 21, 2018
The main goal of the workshop is to take you on a creative journey leading to the creation of award-winning images. Two instructors will coach you from start to finish, since the inception of an idea until the production of the final print. The workshop includes four 1-hour online sessions and one final in-person class at the Los Gatos training facility. You will have a chance to get your work reviewed, receive creative ideas on how to stylize your own images, and participate in group critiques.
Another goal is to create a community of artists who will share ideas, inspire and assist each other with their creativity. The power of having peer reviews and input is invaluable in the creative process. You will learn how to critique, give and receive feedback.
The final goal is to get your images printed. The value of the print is priceless for your personal growth as an artist and for inspiration to others. At the end of this workshop, you will have a set of images, newly acquired post processing and printing skills, and a support group for future and exciting projects.
The workshop comprises 5 sessions.
The first session is a private online class with two instructors who will review your work and provide guidance and ideas on where to take your images. Inspiration, inspiration!
The second session is a group online class where you will share your work with other workshop participants. The instructors will discuss how to leverage each other's creativity and how to effectively provide and receive feedback and inspiration.
The third session is a private online class with two instructors who will review the progress of your work and offer additional ideas.
The fourth session is a group online class where the instructors will review the progress of your work and provide additional technical guidance. You will learn how to get your images ready for prints.
The fifth session is an in-person group class where the instructors will add the finishing touches and print your images.
This workshop has pre-requirements. You need to have attended the Stylizing Images workshop or be juried in (email 5 images to email@example.com for consideration).
What will you learn during this workshop:
• One-on-Two coaching, creative idea and critiques by two instructors
• Peer reviews of your work for additional creative idea
• Technical guidance on improving post processing and printing skills
• Prints at the end of the workshop
Ready for the experience? Don’t delay your registration. We only accept 8 participants per session!
We are looking forward to being part of your creative journey.
Oliver & Eduardo
JURYING PROCESS (For people that didn’t attend Stylizing Images Workshop):
1. Submit 5 images representative of your work (72 dpi, 1080 pixels long side). email images to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. One week after submitting your images, you will receive the status of your application (accepted, wait list).
3. Register (Pay $495 fee + $80 for Stylizing Images material)
4. You will receive the course material of the Stylizing Images workshop (Fee: $80). This is critical knowledge as it is the base for the Advanced Stylizing Images. The material includes five examples of images post processed (before and after), with all the steps/layers applied and a cheat sheet.
5. You receive a coursebook, which details signing up for the online sessions, and more.
Eduardo Fujii is a fine art photographer living on the Monterey Peninsula in California. He demonstrated great interest in the arts at an early age. He started music lessons at the age of five followed by painting a few years later. It wasn’t until late 2006, however, that he turned to photography as a form of artistic expression. Classical music and painting have been part of most of his life and have certainly contributed to the development of a lyrical sensibility that underlies his photography today. “I like to call myself an “artist with a camera. I truly believe that every photograph is a self-portrait”, says Eduardo.
Oliver Klink is a fine art photographer based in Los Gatos, CA. He was selected as the “Best of the Best” Emerging artist in 2016. His images – Consequences – were selected as Top 50 Critical Mass Award. His image, “Herding Instinct” won the grand prize at the Rayko International Photocontest in 2014, others have received “mentioned” in the Black and White Spidar Awards for the past 5 years. “Processing images with a personal style is a passion. You can relive what you saw at the point of capture with your artistic mind”, says Oliver.
- Sources of inspiration
- Stylizing from start to finish, replication to various images
- Hands-on: Building a mini portfolio
- Stylizing: Various appraches
- Duplicating settings
- 5 sessions by two award winning fine art photographers
- Instruction booklet emailed before the workshop
- You leave the workshop with 3 prints (up to 20”), creative idea, and tons of information
- Transportation to Los Gatos, CA
- Meals, accommodation
- Internet connection for the online sessions
Registration Fee : $495
Juried In: Additional $80
Juried In: Additional $80
Terms and Conditions
- Pre requisite: Stylizing Images Workshop or Juried In thru email submission
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop layers and masks
- Bring your own computer for the printing portion
- Be ready to get inspired
- 1 Day Stylizing Images January 13 or 14: 9AM – 4PM
- 1 Day Digital Asset Management Workflow April 7: 9AM - 4PM
Where: Online (4 classes), Los Gatos (1 class)
When: Various dates between January 22 - April 21, 2018
Who: Eduardo Fujii, Oliver Klink
Airport: San Jose (SJC)
Accommodations: not included
Weather: 60 – 80F. You will be indoor
Workshop details for Advanced Stylizing Images