1 Day: Birds at the Ramrod Ranch
Ramrod Ranch, Carmel Valley, California
April 30 (Sold out)
May 1 (Sold out)
May 2 (Sold out)
May 3 (Sold out)
May 7&8 (Sold Out)
6 participants only
* Past eight years sold out*
* Don't delay your registration *
Spring time at the Ramrod Ranch is special. The Ranch is turning into one of the favorite spots for migrants to stop and refuel. Up to seven different warbler species can be photographed (Wilson warbler, Yellow warbler, MacGillivray's warbler, Black-throated Gray warbler, Townsend warbler Orange-Crowned warbler) and many other bird species, such as the blue birds, who have been nesting with consistency.
There is a maximum of 5 participants, so each will have the opportunity to receive individualized attention and instruction to ensure their photography workshop objectives are met.
Each spring it seems that the ponds are attracting more and more warblers as they remember this little oasis on their migration route. Come photograph with us in 2016.
Oliver Klink has been photographing birds at the Ramrod ranch for many years and wildlife from around the world. His image, “The Great Migration” won the grand prize at PhotoCentral Gallery Spring Show in 2013, others have received “mentioned” in the Black and White Spidar Awards for the past 5 years. “I travel all over the world to photograph wildlife, but the Ramrod Ranch is special in the spring, where chicks are born and the migrants stop to refuel.”
- Bird photography: sharpness and composition
- Using flash effectively
- Photographing with meaning in mind, building a story
- Photographing from a blind
- Review of images (emphasis on “what else can I do”)
- Brainstorming sessions (theme, story telling, portfolio, hero shots)
- Post processing and workflow (efficiency, accuracy, quality)
- 1 day of guided photoshoot
- Bird blind photography
- Instruction booklet emailed before the workshop
- Transportation to the ranch
- Meals, accommodation
Registration Fee : $295
Terms and Conditions
- Short walk (a few hundred yards) from your car to the blind
- Not much else … Have a great time!
Workshop details for Birds at the Ramrod Ranch