1 Day: Digital Image Management Workflow
Los Gatos, California
July 24 (9AM – 4PM)
8 participants (SOLD OUT)
In this workshop, I describe my own digital workflow and possible adaptations, from the time my shots leave the camera, to the editing adjustments I make to nearly all my final photographs, to saving and backing them up, and publishing in various medium (print, digital distribution). I will share tips, pitfalls I have experienced over the years, so that some ideas might help improve your own digital workflow.
This workshop is a combination of demonstrations and hands-on exercises to set up your environment and process images. First we’ll evaluate what is working in your current workflow and how it can be improved to guarantee speed, accuracy quality, and most important piece of mind.
Upon signing up for the workshop, you will receive a coursebook that details my digital image management workflow, the software and hardware requirements, and what to bring to the workshop.
What you'll learn:
• Why having a consistent workflow is so important
• Setting up your camera, computer, storage (from the safest to the “I can get by with”)
• Importing your images (traveling catalogue vs. master catalogue)
• File organization (folders vs. keywords), planning for growth
• Post processing images (step by step, presets for consistency)
• Lightroom critical preferences
• Setting up plug-ins and presets
• Output preferences (print, digital files, shared upload, website)
• The dreadful backup, archive. Setting up and checking that it works reliably
• Workflow tips and tricks learned over the years
• Hands-on how to set up your computing environment and post process images.
• Having peace of mind with your workflow!
We are looking forward to meeting you at the digital image management workflow workshop.
Don't delay your registration, as there is very few sessions scheduled this year.
Registration: $250 - July 24 (9am - 4pm)
Oliver Klink manages over 1 million images and 80 Terabytes+ of storage. He has mastered a digital image management workflow to integrate his master catalogue with his traveling sub-catalogues, migrate storage from multiple drives to consolidated systems, to produce single or set of images with repeatable post processing steps. “I never have enough time to post process my images. With my current digital image management workflow and environment, I can spend more time post processing vs. searching for images and worrying that I could loose images from human errors, hardware failure or catastrophy.”
- Consistent digital image management workflow
- Setting up your own environment
- Checking that everything works
- Post processing images with speed, accuracy and quality
- Review your own workflow (emphasis on “what else can I do”)
- 1 day of guided instruction
- Instruction booklet emailed before the workshop
- Transportation to the workshop location (carpooling encouraged)
- Meals, accommodation
Registration Fee : $250
Terms and Conditions
- You use Lightroom and have some post processing experience to join this workshop.
- You are open minded to share your workflow and to adapt it with the tips and tricks shared during the workshop.
- Not much else … Have a great time!
Workshop details for digital image management workflow