1 Day: Travel Photography
Los Gatos, California
February 10 (7AM – 3PM)
NOTE: As a heads up, this is the last time this class will be taught. Don't delay your registration.
What a better excuse to travel for a photographic adventure? Travel photography is very exciting, but hard to master. You have little control over the weather, you are typically on a schedule, you are surrounded by other photographers, and you are not as familiar with the places as you are with “your backyard/favorite location shoots”. How do you make compelling images in these situations? What do you do before the trip to enhance your experience as a travel photographer? During this workshop, we’ll take you on a “typical travel day” but at a local place. We’ll learn creative tips to make images that have a personal touch, learn how to capture sunrise, morning, and mid-day light.
In the afternoon, we’ll have a classroom session, where we’ll demonstrate workflow to process and store your images with accuracy, speed, and quality.
Upon signing up for the workshop, you will receive a coursebook that details the photoshoot location and travel photography tips.
What will you learn during this workshop:
• What to bring on a photographic adventure
• Various tips to overcome the “blue” sky
• Composition tips to make images with a personal touch
• Hands-on exercises to expand your comfort zone
• Reviews of your images, focused on "what else can I do?”
• Capturing sunrise, morning and mid-day light
• Demonstration of a “travel workflow” to store and process your images
We are looking forward to meeting you at the travel photography workshop.
Don't delay your registration, as there is very few sessions scheduled this year.
Oliver Klink has traveled to 109 countries and all the continent. He has mastered how to plan travel photography adventure. “The Great Migration” won grand prize at the PhotoCentral Gallery Spring Show in 2014, “Herding Instinct” won grand prize at the Rayko International travel photography contest, and other images have received many praises and received honorable mentioned in photo contests. “I love to be able capture images that are creative and have a personal touch. The more you do it, the more you become creative to turn a documentary image into fine art.”
- Planning your photographic adventure
- Understanding light to successfully compose images
- Hands-on tips to expand your comfort zone
- Turning your documentary images into fine art
- Review of images (emphasis on “what else can I do”)
- 1 day of guided instruction
- Instruction booklet emailed before the workshop
- Transportation to the workshop location (carpooling encouraged)
- Meals, accommodation
February 10 (7AM – 3PM)
Terms and Conditions
- We’ll walk on uneven terrains, searching for interesting subject. It could be in cities, beach, woods. Not very long walk, as creativity tends to diminish with the miles you walk!
- You are open minded to “expand your comfort zone” and think differently Not much else … Have a great time!
Where: Los Gatos, California
When: February 10, 2018
Who: Oliver Klink
Airport: San Jose, California (SJC)
Accommodations: not included
Weather: 55 – 70F. Possibly foggy morning and Moody Sky
Workshop details for travel photography