1 Day: Stylizing II Images
Palo Alto, CA (Pacific Art League)
January 19 (10AM - 4PM)
Stylizing and painting will open venues that you thought were unreachable with your photography. You will learn new tools to add creativity, flair, light, stories to your images. You might think learning this knowledge as a departure from photography, but on the contrary it is a new way to interpret your images … with photographic and artistic views.
As photographers, we strive to “make” images that are different and exhume a “personal” feel. Where do you start? Where do you get inspiration? How do you go about making unique images? What tools do you need?
The Stylizing II Images workshop is about “discovering” your inner artistry and giving you the tools that will enable you to turn your images into masterpieces. We start the workshop by showing examples on how “standard” images have been processed to make compelling masterpieces.
We then walk you thru the entire process with steps by steps explanations and hands-on exercises. You’ll leave the workshop with knowledge on how to use new set of tools (Corel Painter Essentials v6), new workflow to process your images, and ways to keep your images as a photographic art.
Upon signing up for the workshop, you will receive a coursebook with recommended readings, what to bring, and much more.
What you'll learn:
1. Introduction - Getting inspiration
2. Stylizing II and painting example from start to finish
• Painting with Corel Painter Essentials, redirecting light, making images as a photographer vs. a painter
• Learning Corel Painter Essentials v6 or v7
• Using pressure sensitive tablet to refine your workflow
• What brushes to use for what effects
• Redirecting the light
The course is taught by two award winning fine art photographers: Dany Suk and Oliver Klink. Dany Suk is a fine art photographer. He served as a president of Palo Alto Camera Club. His interest in painting inspired him in 2010 to explorer Corel Painter as a tool for photography. During the last nine years he developed his own painterly photographic style based on the tool.
Oliver's "Circus" series was selected as Top 50 project "Seeing in Sixes" by LensWork (2017). Cultures in Transition body of work was chosen as Top 50 Critical Mass Award winners (2016 & 2018). “Processing images with a personal style is a passion. You can relive what you saw at the point of capture with your artistic mind”, says Oliver.
IMPORTANT: The pre-requirements for this workshop are:
- Install Corel Painter Essentials v6 or v7
- Install and configure a pressure sensitive tablet
Software and hardware can be purchased at Amazon (search for Wacom tablet and Corel Painter Essentials) or click here. Or if you already have a tablet, purchase/download just Corel Painter Essentials v7.
- No prior knowledge of Corel Painter is required
We look forward to hosting you in Palo Alto. You’ll be amazed of what you will be able to do with your images after the workshop!
Dany and Oliver.
Location: Pacific Art League, 680 Ramona Street, Palo Alto, CA
Dany Suk is a fine art photographer. He served as a president of Palo Alto Camera Club. His interest in painting inspired him in 2010 to explorer Corel Painter as a tool for photography. During the last nine years he developed his own painterly photographic style based on the tool.
Oliver Klink is a fine art photographer based in Los Gatos, CA. He was selected as B&W photographer of the year (2018) by Dodho magazine, the Best” Emerging artist in 2016 by BWGallerist. Cultures in Transition body of work was selected as Top 50 Critical Mass Award (2016 & 2018). His image, “Herding Instinct” won the grand prize at the Rayko International Photocontest in 2014, others have received “mentioned” in the Black and White Spidar Awards for the past 5 years. “Processing images with a personal style is a passion. You can relive what you saw at the point of capture with your artistic mind”, says Oliver.
- Sources of inspiration
- Learning Corel Painter Essentials
- Stylizing and painting from start to finish
- Hands-on: making images look painterly
- Stylizing: Various approaches
- 1 day of instruction by two award winning fine art photographers
- Instruction booklet emailed before the workshop
- You leave the workshop with knowledge on how to use Corel Painter Essentials, various methods to paint, and new source of inspiration to create photographic images
- Transportation to Palo Alto, CA
- Meals, accommodation
- Corel Painter Essentials v6, Tablet
Registration Fee : $235
Terms and Conditions
- Install Corel Painter Essentials v6 or v7, Install & configure a tablet
Package software and hardware can be purchased at Amazon (search for Wacom tablet and Corel Painter Essentials) or click here. Or if you already have a tablet, purchase/download just Corel Painter Essentials v6.
- Bring your own computer – Lots of hands-on exercises
- Be ready to get inspired
Where: Palo Alto (Pacific Art League)
When: January 19
Who: Dany Suk, Oliver Klink
Airport: San Jose (SJC)
Accommodations: not included
Weather: 60 – 80F. You will be indoor
Workshop details for Stylizing II Images