Advanced Stylizing II Images
Online and In Person
February 24 - May 23 (SOLD OUT)
(Total of 5 Sessions)
The main goal of the workshop is to take you on a creative journey leading to the creation of award-winning images. Two instructors will coach you from start to finish, since the inception of an idea until the production of the final print. The workshop includes four 1-hour online sessions and one final in-person class at the Los Gatos training facility. You will have a chance to get your work reviewed, receive creative ideas on how to stylize your own images, and participate in group critiques.
Another goal is to create a community of artists who will share ideas, inspire and assist each other with their creativity. The power of having peer reviews and input is invaluable in the creative process. You will learn how to critique, give and receive feedback.
The final goal is to get your images printed. The value of the print is priceless for your personal growth as an artist and for inspiration to others. At the end of this workshop, you will have a set of images, newly acquired post processing and printing skills, and a support group for future and exciting projects.
The workshop comprises 5 sessions.
The first session (Week of Februay 24) is a private online class with two instructors who will review your work and provide guidance and ideas on where to take your images. Inspiration, inspiration!
The second session (March 10) is a group online class where you will share your work with other workshop participants. The instructors will discuss how to leverage each other's creativity and how to effectively provide and receive feedback and inspiration.
The third session (Week of April 27) is a private online class with two instructors who will review the progress of your work and offer additional ideas.
The fourth session (May 12) is a group online class where the instructors will review the progress of your work and provide additional technical guidance. You will learn how to get your images ready for prints.
The fifth session (May 23) is an in-person group class where the instructors will add the finishing touches and print your images.
This workshop has pre-requirements. You need to have attended the StylizingII Images workshop or be juried in (email 5 images to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration).
What will you learn during this workshop:
• One-on-Two coaching, creative idea and critiques by two instructors
• Peer reviews of your work for additional creative idea
• Technical guidance on improving post processing and printing skills
• Prints at the end of the workshop
Ready for the experience? Don’t delay your registration. We only accept 8 participants per session!
We are looking forward to being part of your creative journey.
Oliver & Dany
JURYING PROCESS (For people that didn’t attend Stylizing II Images Workshop):
PRE-REQUISITE: You are familiar with Painter Essential (v6 or v7) or Painter
1. Submit 5 images representative of your work (72 dpi, 1080 pixels long side). email images to Oliver Klink
2. One week after submitting your images, you will receive the status of your application (accepted, wait list).
3. Register (Pay $495 fee + $80 for StylizingII Images material)
4. You will receive the course material of the Stylizing Images workshop (Fee: $80). This is critical knowledge as it is the base for the Advanced StylizingII Images. The material includes four examples of images post processed (before and after), with all the steps/layers applied and a cheat sheet.
5. You receive a coursebook, which details signing up for the online sessions, and more.
Dany Suk is a fine art photographer. He served as a president of Palo Alto Camera Club. His interest in painting inspired him in 2010 to explorer Corel Painter as a tool for photography. During the last nine years he developed his own painterly photographic style based on the tool.
Oliver Klink is a fine art photographer based in Los Gatos, CA. He was selected as B&W photographer of the year (2018) by Dodho magazine, the Best” Emerging artist in 2016 by BWGallerist. Cultures in Transition body of work was selected as Top 50 Critical Mass Award (2016 & 2018). His image, “Herding Instinct” won the grand prize at the Rayko International Photocontest in 2014, others have received “mentioned” in the Black and White Spidar Awards for the past 5 years. “Processing images with a personal style is a passion. You can relive what you saw at the point of capture with your artistic mind”, says Oliver.
- Sources of inspiration
- Stylizing and painting from start to finish, replication to various images
- Learning Corel Painter Essentials or Painter
- Hands-on: Building a mini portfolio, which looks painterly
- Stylizing: Various appraches
- Duplicating settings
- 5 sessions by two award winning fine art photographers
- Instruction booklet emailed before the workshop
- You leave the workshop with 3 prints (up to 17”), creative idea, how to use Corel Painter Essentials or Painter, various methods to paint, and new source of inspiration to create photographic images!
- Transportation to Los Gatos, CA
- Meals, accommodation
- Internet connection for the online sessions
- Corel Painter Essentials v7 (or Painter), Tablet
Registration Fee : $495
Juried In: Additional $80
Terms and Conditions
- Pre requisite: Stylizing II Images Workshop or Juried In thru email submission
- Install Corel Painter Essentials (v6 or v7) or Painter, Install & configure a tablet
- Bring your own computer for the printing portion
- Be ready to get inspired
Where: Online (4 classes), Los Gatos (1 class)
When: Various dates between February 24 – May 23
Who: Dany Suk, Oliver Klink
Airport: San Jose (SJC)
Accommodations: not included
Weather: 60 – 80F. You will be indoor
Workshop details for Advanced Stylizing II Images